25 January 2011

Chicken, potatoes, hummus, apple crisp and other good food

Carrot hummus, caramelized onions, pita bread
I love having dinner guests because I can make a multi-course meal without filling the fridge with leftovers. This was my menu for a Lebanese-inspired dinner (I still have sumac to use from my trip to Lebanon). I was probably most excited about the carrot hummus turning out, and successfully attempting caramelized onions. 


Brussels sprouts, potato and onion
Add sumac and some lemon juice to this recipe

Chicken 
With sumac, onion and peppers

Carrot hummus
With za'atar and caramelized onions

And for dessert... 
Simple apple crisp 
With ice cream, of course

Bonus recipe: 
Cucumber yogurt dip
Good with pita, or over spring greens as a side salad

No comments:

Post a Comment