11 January 2010

Curry Squash Soup -- Bonus

One of the best things about a recipe is that it never has to be final. It's always open to personal touches, if not improvement. 

This weekend I decided to make my curry squash soup again, but with a few changes. I decided these changes improved my original recipe, so I updated the post. I added potato to thicken the soup, sweet onion for a little texture, and safflower for a little more color and flavor. Also, I found that roasting the squash takes less work than boiling it, because you don't have to peel the uncooked squash. 

Last, I saved the seeds from the squash, removed the extra pulp, mixed with olive oil and spices (cumin, paprika, turmeric, chili powder) and roasted (use tin foil on a cookie sheet) at 425 (the same temperature I used for the squash and potatoes) until crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment